It’s the time of the year when I get to try some new bakery items for our store. Today I worked with a recipe adaptation from Better Homes and Garden for S’more Brownies---so good! I adapted my basic brownie recipe to their technique and doubled the batch so it would fit into a 9 X 13 pan.Hope you like it enough to try it at home- or stop by and pick up one fresh out of the oven.
1 Cup butter
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 Cups sugar
4 whole eggs
1 ½ Cups flour
1 Tsp baking powder
2 Tsp vanilla
9 graham crackers
2 Cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13" pan and set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat . Add sugar,eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until completely blended.
- Place 1/2 batter in the greased pan.
- Top with graham crackers in a single layer.Top graham crackers with marshmallows being careful to keep marshmallows away from the edge of the pan. Top with remaining batter and spread to cover marshmallows.
- Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes. Let cool and cut into squares.