One of the best parts of travels is the great friends you make. On my trip to Maui this past month Wynette at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Kannapali shared a loaf of this delicious bread with all of us. It was too good to not ask her the recipe.This recipe makes 7 petite loaves- they freeze beautifully and they stays moist for at least 5-7 days.
4 Cups flour
2 1/4 Cups suga
4 tsp. baking soda (I tsp +1Tbsp.)
4 tsp. vanilla ( 1 tsp.+1Tbsp)
1 1/2 Cups canola oil
20 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained and crushed with bananas
4 bananas, mashed in food processor with pineapple
1/2 Cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 Cup raisins
1.Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 7 small loaf pans ( or 2 large pans)
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.Whisk to blend.
3. In a stand up mixer with paddle attachment beat eggs for 2 minutes. Add canola oil and vanilla.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture. Add banana pineapple mixture,nuts and raisins and mix just until combined.
5. Scoop into 7 small (6"X3") or 2 large lightly greased pans.
6. Bake 45-50 minutes until a testing pick comes out clean.( If using lage pans adjust cooking time) Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy.